Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Mountains, Part 2

This evening after dinner I walked through the weedy field next to my apt. complex to photograph the saturated evening light.
The rock cairn in the foreground looks like some kind of a shrine from prehistoric times but more likely it is just a pile of rocks placed there by an excavation crew from some past construction project. You can see the spires of the nearby Russian Orthodox Church in the background.
The colors were intense in the waning light.
This would make a good setting for a painting of a fox or a coyote.
It is unusual to see a cloudless sky in this part of Alaska.
I found out that this church is where I will be going to vote next month. I'm curious to see the inside of it.

The setting sun is reflected in the windows of these recently built condos.
Finally one last photo before I returned home. The temperatures were dropping rapidly after the sun went down. It was a good day but I did'nt do a lick of work.

No comments: