Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Threadless Design

For at least a month I have been fighting a major battle with technology. In this digital age, I am a babe in the woods. Back in the good old days, when I designed a t-shirt, I gave the artwork to the t-shirt shop, and they decided what to do with it.
It does not work like that anymore. So someone told me about a company called Threadless. They accept submissions of artwork, put it on their website, and let people vote for their favorite design. Sounds simple, right?  Not by a long shot.
I did a design, Ballad of the Sun and Moon, and read through the Threadless instructions for submitting a design. That is where the battle started. To make a long story short, it took endless headaches and three different photo editing programs to get a design that met all their technical specifications.
I submitted Ballad, and the design above, Neolythic Art Show. They said they liked Ballad, but it did'nt meet their specs. This one did squeeze by.
It can become a shirt, and I can get paid for all my work if enough people vote for it. Follow this link http://threadless.com/submission/392450/Neolythic_Art_Show , if you want to check it out. Wish me luck.

No comments: