Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Monday, January 16, 2017

The New Book

It has been a few months since I have posted any new artwork. That does not mean that I have been doing nothing. Lazy yes, idle no.
I have been busy illustrating a children's coloring book. It came out a few days ago and the author, Barbara has been busy promoting her 4th book in the series. Her other books have been locally popular.
The book is for children but the illustrations are not cartoonish.
The book is meant to be an introduction to local Alaskan birds.
I did not put a lot of detail in the drawings because we want to encourage children to color in the birds themselves..
The easy to comprehend text is facing each drawing. There is space at the bottom for children to write their own thoughts.
Northwestern Crows.
Red-breasted Nuthatch.
Varied Thrush.
Wilson's Warbler.
Yellow Warbler.
Savannah Sparrow. It took me an hour or two for every drawing, 8 and a half by 11 ". Soon I will start on the aquatic birds of Alaska. Check out www.oceanotterpublishing.com for more info.
A few months ago I finished this simple 8x10" Canada Goose painting.

3 comments:

Marc Calvo said...

You must be bery illusioned with this new progect John.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Tks, Johnny. Your oldest old friend, happy to see you still, with Great Work. WOW.

John Holmes said...

Looks like a great project ! - I hope it's a big success.