Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Wild Week

The weather this week has been dramatic. On Monday Anchorage got about a foot of fresh snow. Then the cold set in. Day after day the high temperatures never reached zero. On Thursday it got down to -20f at my house and much colder in other parts of town.
Today's temperature reached 14 degrees and it felt like a heat wave by comparison. It snowed about a foot of fresh snow today and it's still snowing.
I walked a short distance down my street to document the snowstorm.
If you look closely you can see the man on a ladder repairing the shingles on his roof.
I noticed a Raven sheltering in a tree.
It was actually playing among the snow covered branches.
I honestly believe that it was enjoying the storm.
It was doing a lot of talking to no one in particular.
It was joined by another Raven across the street.
Watching the news I can see that much of the country is experiencing extreme weather. At least we have no flooding.

1 comment:

John Holmes said...

That looks seriously cold !