Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Latest Projects

Sometimes my artistic momentum seems to grind to a halt. It has'nt been quite that bad with me so far this year, but it has taken awhile to get cranked up. The first painting I did after returning from Africa was this 11x14" rendering of a pair of Tufted Puffins on a typical coastal cliff face. Not too good, but the painting is much richer in tone and detail than the photo indicates.


I just finished this painting about an hour ago. The varnish is still drying. The colors in the photo are way off because it's too dark to photograph it in natural light. This is an 8x10" Coyote called, A Sea of Grass. I like it well enough.
These colors are more accurate, but still not quite right.
This is a re-working of an old 8x10". I dont think I improved the painting much, but once again the photo is weaker than the painting.  It will sell eventually because all my bear paintings sell. I'm working on another 8x10 right now that shows real promise of being something good. Look for it on this blog soon.

No comments: