Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Ray of Light

Back in December I took an evening stroll around the nieghborhood with my camera to photograph the winter scenery. About half a block up the road I was inspired by the way the light softly touched the snowbank above the road.
Right away I knew that I would incorporate this scene into a painting at some future time. I have so many reference photos and ideas just waiting for me to find the time, and energy for them..
This 8x10" Snowshoe Hare is really just a study for a larger painting that I will do one day. I'm sure that I will make many changes. For one thing I need to make more space to the right of the hare. I may change the hare into some grouse, or ptarmigan, or maybe a Red Fox. Who knows. It's good to let these ideas mature over time like waiting for a fruit to ripen.

No comments: