Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Top Ten List

Normally at about this time of year I post my Top Ten New Birds of the year list. This year I was a lazy birder and I did not go anywhere new. That means that I did not get any new birds this whole year, Boo Hoo.
It dawned on me that I seldom make an account of new paintings. I really do not know how many new paintings that I did in 2014. I went back and tried to gather some photos of the paintings that I finished in 2014. I cannot remember how many paintings I did and I know that I missed some of them but I will start with the worst one although I may have actually painted this turkey, (Solitary Sandpiper) in 2013.
2014 certainly was not my best year ever. Not by a long shot.
I am trying to go from worst to best although it is hard to decide the worst ones since I had so many flops this past year. 
Nyala - alayN. A real turkey although the painting is much better than the photo.
Fuzzy Buddies. Not so good but I am sure that it will sell.
Tundra Blonde. The painting looks much better than the photo.
Meet the Undertaker.
I forget the name of this one.
Some of these are not so very bad. I kind of like this Golden-crowned Sparrow.
This one sold quickly.
Alpha Dogs.
In Quiet Solitude, won the People's Choice award at the Hummingbird Festival and sold easily.
I forget the name of this one as well. Something to do with Sagebrush.
Lonesome Lake.
This is my favorite painting of the year. It also sold quickly. I sold many paintings this year including two more within the last few days. A good year for art sales, not the best year for painting. There are several other 2014 paintings but I cannot find photos of them. The last post has photos of my newest painting.

2 comments:

Jeremy Pearse said...

The cranes painting is my favorite too! Works on so many levels, love everything about it. And congratulations on having such a great year.

Marc Calvo said...

Several of your pictures are beutiful;for me, its not easy to decide wich one is the best,several of them are good also the cranes too.