Untamed Land

Untamed Land
Untamed Land

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Snipe Day, 20x16"

This is one of the photos from my last trip to Goose Creek that I posted a few weeks ago. I was fairly certain that I would eventually use it in a painting. It was taken at the edge of the flooded creek just above a recently constructed Beaver Dam.
Some of the critters I considered placing in the painting were, Green-winged Teal, Mallard, Short-tailed Weasel, or Mink. As you can see I settled on a Wilson's Snipe. Moody, even gloomy paintings are favorites of mine. They are often hard to sell, but everything is hard to sell these days. I decided to tentatively call it, Snipe Day, 20x16".
A detail photo of the painting. Personally, I like it much better than the last, (goose) painting that I did, although the Canada Goose painting took much longer to paint.

No comments: